Sunday 7 October 2012

Photographs with Moving Eyes



There's some mystery about scouring through aged and untouched photo albums, turning the delicate, sepia filled pages of photographs. I have spent hours looking at my Grandma's photographs, often not knowing who the old timers are that saturate the pages, questioning, but also admiring them. The women and their perfect pin curls and classic beauty and the men, looking, well, like men.

Above is a photo I chanced upon and scanned into my computer. While it was in my Grandma's collection of photographs, neither me nor any of my family can identify anyone in the picture. It's mysterious, and kind of creepy, but so damn cool. It's curious that at sometime in my family history these people were relevant, and that now we don't have a clue who they are, or even where they are. How they led a separate life, and probably still have family somewhere along the line now. These people in the photograph meant enough to someone to conserve their photograph, and it ended up in my hands. 

No comments:

Post a Comment