Sunday 16 September 2012

Moschino Cheap and Chic

The SS 13 Moschino Cheap and Chic show was once again a girlish fantasia, complete with pineapple print and itsy bitsy embellishments.

The light hearted and always playful pieces of the line made many a front rower smile, including that of Alexa Chung and Daisy Lowe. My absolutely favourite piece was the pair of trouser dungarees. In fact, I have been fixated on every pair I have seen at the fashion weeks, on the runway and on the street. The creativity has really shone through the many variations of dungarees, a play on the classic piece you run round the beach rabid in, the clacking buckles and washed out denim. 

Button up jackets were also among my favourites, inspiring maybe a little diy on an old denim jacket of mine (suede patches me thinks?).




























All photos from Vogue UK 


The jackets were teamed with flattering girlish pieces, played up with quirky touches including laced up trainers.





























The Moschino show also celebrates the almighty trouser suit, mixed up in vibrant orange and green. With a 60's influence, other pieces included flared trousers, mini skirts and sweaters. I always look forward to the Cheap and Chic show, and it definitely delivered!

 Oooh and I streamed the Topshop Unique show at 3pm today. Its new interactive experience made it feel as if you we're sat front row..... but actually I was at home in my pj's eating yoghurt. More on that soon!

2 comments: