Sunday 25 November 2012

The Cute and the Curious




For me, feelings of impulsiveness come gift wrapped (not forgetting the ribbon) with the experimental mind set of a Harajuku girl. Although I could not fully adopt this life style, there's always pieces of the Japanese Street Scene imprinted on my fashion decisions. This frame of mind can make you view even the most mundane of objects in a fun, fashion perspective- the other day I saw a bag of discount store mini plastic figures, with cutesy cats and rabbits and mini dogs, and instead of dismissing this as 'tack' I thought 'BOOYA DIY HAIR SLIDES ANYBODY?'  The over the top and inventive sense of clothing definitely has some appeal to little old me- sensible?  not quite. Although Japan isn't a place I've even visited, or in fact any parts of Asia ( I am of course a fourteen year old of limited means, duuh) I'm pretty sure this shiz is the way forward.

Here are some 'cute and curious' bits and bobs I have collected, often inspired by the fashions of Tokyo and its people.






























4 comments:

  1. really cute christmas ideas and decorations!!

    xx


    http://spoonfulofdiamonds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mia, thank you for your comment on my blog. Yes I am studying the fashion and clothing diploma at college and I really love it, my skills have developed so much even after only having started it a few months ago. I find its the right course for me as there's no exams to take at the end, its all coursework.

    If you have any more questions, I don't mind answering them for you.
    Charlotte xx

    http://charlotteannowst.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those badges are a bit cute X

    ReplyDelete